2/6/12

Of all the fsking nuisances in the world . . .

>_>

I do not particularly appreciate that my mom's lack of foresight and research has wasted a good portion of my time and efforts and energy. And bananas.

I suppose I could've taken the initiative too, but damn. ._. Why couldn't she have thought of this like twelve hours earlier?

So last night I spent time being nervous about today because I was supposedly going to be taking my license test. I went and took a shower before bed so my hair would look proper the today. Then I carefully arranged my schedule around having a good several hours cut out of my day since I didn't know how long I'd be at the driving facility place. I went to bed early so I'd be well-rested and able to get a lot done, then I woke up and wrote for a while before getting dressed in Matt's ribbed jeans and striped shirt and going to play DDR early. Then I had breakfast afterwards, which I usually don't, but my breakfast basically consisted of bananas because I didn't want to be collapsing with nerves when I went to take my test. Then I got my shoes on and waited for mom to get home from taking my brother to church, at which point she was going to take me to the driving facility.

Then, just, dammit. She told me to go check and see when they were doing tests and it turns out they're not even open on Mondays, and I'm incredibly pissed off because the contents of that whole paragraph above was wasted, and now we have no bananas left, and I'm going to have to go through the exact same thing all fucking over again tonight and tomorrow morning. ._.

I bet there won't even be any more bananas.

Damn this bloody nonsense.

. . . on a positive note, ACen is finally beginning to make guest announcements. The first one up is this visual kei band I've never heard of; I'm tempted to try and see them in concert just for the experience, even though I don't particularly care, which would be lovely to do if I'll have the spare time (and willing company) at the con—but I don't know if I will. I'm not certain whether Aki or Sophie or Rhi will be interested in seeing it, and it's uncertain whether Jenna will be coming, annnnd even if she is I don't know if she'd wanna see a visual kei concert either. But then, if there's other panels I'm thoroughly interested in at that point, or if I need food or something, lolol there's no way I'm gonna go. I'll probably just listen to them from out in the hallway or whatnot. ^^;

The con is going to be lovely, though. c: I'm excited about it, and they've also been releasing the programming schedule which is even more asdfghjkl exciting, and my cosplay is nearly done. I just need to get one or two more packs of fake cigarettes and then a couple PSP games; I won't be purchasing an actual PSP (thanks to my bloody mum), but Adam is lovely and he's letting me borrow his. <3 And then I'll also be borrowing Nicklaus' wallet with the chain on it so the chain can go and dangle off my right hip, seeing as Matt has something like that.And then the only other thing I'll need will be the haircut, but I'm not going to worry about that until a week or two before the con since I'm worried that if I cut it too soon, it'll just grow out and turn out improper. XD

It still feels like all that could be considered "a lot of work," but it's really really not. I've already finished all the hard parts of my cosplay—namely, the vest and the ribbed jeans, which both required a sewing machine—and I've also gone through with all the expensive and time-consuming parts, like finding the right goggles and gloves. After that, I feel ready. It's lovely.

Other things I have to do would be acquire a Nerf sword—specifically, the Marauder—and paint it so it resembles the master sword, and then I have to figure out what I'll need to make the Hyrule shield and then get those materials and assemble 'em. Cus Aki has commissioned me except not really since it's not like I'm a professional or working for pay or anything, but I'm going to call it commissioning all the same since it'll make me feel like I'm getting more adept (even if just by a bit) in making good cosplays. :D

Oh yeah, and then I'll also need money. Lots of it. Cus I'll have to pay for con merch, and if I'm driving us there then parking will also be my responsibility, and possibly gas money as well, and then emergency money would be nice in case we forget lunch, and just . . . yeah, the more the better; I spent a solid $200 at Anime World Chicago, and that was only a small con. I'm anticipating that Anime Central will have a lot more merch. The only thing saving me is that I may already have a lot of what I'd buy (like Death Note playing cards, Ouran messenger bags, wallscrolls, etc), so there might not be much there that I'd really need to bother with. But that's a maybe. You never know what you'll find.

Oh but I do hope there'll be good DN merch.

And I really hope I can get my computer signed by Vic Mignogna (assuming he really is going).

And I'm not sure I really dare to hope for it, but all the same, it would be so lovely if my mom acquired more bananas at some point today.

2 comments:

  1. Bananas! But actually take a look at this list. I think tryptophan is the thing in bananas that is supposed to kinda calm you down, and this list has bananas at the very bottom.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tryptophan#Dietary_sources
    As in, any of the foods on this list should be /just/ as calming as bananas.
    I wonder if it's almost a psychological thing like a placebo. *u* When you associate bananas with relieving nervousness, it's like your body believes it. o:

    Also I'm really excited for ACen just like you.
    And although it will be money-eating, I can help you out by constantly asking you, "Shadow, do you really neeeeeeeeed that?" or saying "Yeah, but look how expensive that is, you could almost make one yourself." :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, really? *u* . . . this is intriguing, and I love this list. Cheddar cheese and chicken are awesome. Thankfully my father was so kind as to pick up bananas after taking my brothers to boy scouts, but if I ever wind up in a nerve-wracking situation in the future without bananas I'm going to have to test the contents of this list. :D This is awesome. Thank you!
    Bhaha, and a placebo could certainly be the answer; I've considered that, though I haven't made up my mind about the possibility. XD Like, one time before I went to a piano recital, I ate like five bananas and then there was this mental state the whole time of thinking I should be nervous, and I was /almost/ nervous, but then the sensation was just sort of blocked and like . . . maybe it was just because of me, but since then I've sort of been convinced that the bananas work, heh. c:

    Oh Aki, you're such a lovely. <3 Hehe, I think your presence shall be a lovely lovely influence on me. YOU CAN HELP ME EFFECTIVELY BUDGET MY MONEY~

    ReplyDelete